The Tuggeranong-Greenway Dojo is in the Tuggeranong Seniors Centre – 55 Plus Club, 101 Cowlishaw Street, Greenway (nearest intersection: Anketell-Cowlishaw).
The Centre overlooks Lake Tuggeranong; it is within easy walking distance of the Bus Interchange and Tuggeranong Town Centre.
Seniors have priority over the limited parking spaces at the Centre. Please park in the nearby public parking lot instead, as appropriate.
Please be mindful and respect that the Dojo is in a Seniors Centre – we are guests in their facilities.
Due to the Coronarvirus pandemic and the Health Authorities’ advice to implement social distancing, regrettably the Dojo will be closed until further notice. The Dojo may reopen in May 2020, however, this will depend on the status of the pandemic affecting Canberra.
Wishing you all the best and stay healthy.
Please call Tom (on 0477 689 448) if you wish to discuss further.
Please arrive early to assist with the mats and to warm up before training.
- Dojo opens: 6.45pm – 8.45pm
- Training: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
- On the first Monday of each month, please bring casual/streetwear clothing in which to train.
- Dojo opens: 6pm – 9pm
- Training: 6.15pm – 8.45pm
- Members will be able to participate in training and leave within the 6.15pm – 8.45pm period as their schedule allows.
- On the first Wednesday of each month, training will finish at 8pm (instead of 8.45pm) and the Dojo will close by 8.15pm (instead of 9pm).
- Dojo opens: 10am – midday
- Training: 10.15am – 11.45am
Private classes, corporate training, group seminars by arrangement.
- See News for last minute updates regarding training times
- Training is not usually held over public holidays
- Wear suitable footwear to move between the mats and the rest of the Centre (e.g. toilets)
- BYO cup or similar – there is a kitchen so people can access tap water
- Take your rubbish out with you
- The Centre is a no-alcohol zone
You are welcome to drop in and observe a class. Please arrive early so we can greet you properly and answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to be considered for Aikido Yoshinkai ACT (AYACT) membership, please download, print and complete the Membership Application Form. This form must be completed and witnessed, and fees paid before you can participate in training.
If you are a financial member of another aikido dojo and you wish to train with AYACT, it is traditional and good dojo etiquette to present an introduction from your sensei on your arrival to AYACT. If you do not have an introduction, you may not be able to train with us.
Tom Seeto: 0477 689 448; (+61) 477 689 448